I told myself I will not do any tags but I will “por lai” this time….since it’s not some “moh liu” link tag & it’s also quite interesting…thanks to Nomadic Mom….It’s long & may be boring..solleeee…
88 ways to know you are Chinese
1. You look like you are 18.
I think I do except for the size tho! LOL! I remember my trip to HK with Piggyhoo (my niece) and a family friend asked if I was Piggyhoo’s (she was 22, I think at that time) classmate. Wahhh that really boosted my ego!
2. You like to eat chicken feet.
Didn’t like it initially but when I was studying in Melbourne a friend was telling me how yummy the “fong chau” was and I gave it a try (thinking the chicken in Melbourne was probably cleaner than those in KL!!) and got hooked ever since!
3. You suck on fish heads and fish fins.
Only if the fish is fresh!
4. You have a Chinese knick-knack hanging on your rear view mirror.
5. You sing karaoke.
Oh yes I karaoke alright…in fact am so itching for a session now….
6. Your house is covered with tile.
No choice ma… came with the house ma..but I didn’t tile the drive way tho..
7. Your kitchen is covered by a sticky film of grease.
Occasionally cos maid is so lazeeeee…
8. Your stove is covered with aluminum foil.
Nope..so “yuk shuin!”
9. You leave the plastic covers on your remote control.
Aiya with the plastic very hard to press one la…
10. You’ve never kissed your mom or dad.
11. You’ve never hugged your mom or dad.
hmmm I think only my dad..
12. Your unassisted vision is worse than 20/500.
Don’t know what it means cos I have perfect eyesight, so good I used to be able to the see the Tram Nos 2 streets away while I was in Melb!
13. You wear contacts, to avoid wearing your “coke bottle glasses”.
Perfect eyesight no need contacts..
14. You’ve worn glasses since you were in fifth grade.
I actually wanted to wear glasses when I was very young
15. Your hair sticks up when you wake up.
Nope…too long & all set in curls how to stick up wor..
16. You’ll haggle over something that is not negotiable.
Not negotiable as in like shopping centres? NO lar but in other places will try la..
17. You love to use coupons.
If it helps cut down expenses, why not??
18. You drive around looking for the cheapest petrol.
If I was in Melb, I will ask around instead of driving around la..driving around use more petrol wat!
19. You drive around for hours looking for the best parking space.
Will try too…hehehehe..
20. You take showers at night.
Yup…absolutely! I remember my grandma used to nag at all of us to shower early but obviously it didn’t work!
21. You avoid the non-free snacks in hotel rooms.
Abuden??? So over priced…woi…
22. You don’t mind squeezing 20 people into one motel room.
errrr…20 I think too many la…
23. Most girls have more body hair than you, if you are male.
24. You tap the table when someone pours tea for you.
25. You say “Aiya!” and “Wah!” frequently.
Wah,,,of course la… Aiya…. yau pei lei thek bau tim!
26. You don’t want to wear your seatbelt because it is uncomfortable.
Hmmm…for short distances I don’t but Apah get very mad & will beg me to wear even for short distances..
27. You love Las Vegas, slot machines, and blackjack.
Nope…me love the factory outlet warehouse near Las Vegas more…
28. You unwrap Christmas gifts very carefully, so you can reuse the paper.
Used to do that but at the end I never used any of them! LOL!
29. You only buy Christmas cards after Christmas, when they are 50% off.
Well when there’s a chance I will buy at discounted price la..in fact I start collecting Christmas presents whenever there’s a sale!
30. You have a vinyl tablecloth on your kitchen table.
I used to have it in my old place, not in my current place now
31. You spit bones and other food scraps on the table. That’s why you need the vinyl tablecloth.
Aiya the plate big enough ma…
32. You have stuff in the freezer since the beginning of time.
So true! I was just clearing up the freezer this afternoon and found some marinated chicken wings since I don’t know when!!!
33. You use the dishwasher as a dish rack.
34. You have never used your dishwasher.
35. You keep a Thermos of hot water available at all times.
Thermos outdated leow lor..now all electric thermopot ma..
36. You eat all meals in the kitchen.
My kitchen toooo small lor..
37. You save grocery bags, tin foil, and tin containers.
Tin foil?? no lar…others yes la..
38. You have a piano in your living room.
39. You pick your teeth at the dinner table (but you cover your mouth).
Only when the toothpicks are available…
40. You twirl your pen around your fingers.
Not too much nowadays…hmm now hardly use the pen unless for signing & filling up forms..
41. You hate to waste food.
42. You have Tupperware in your fridge with three bites of rice or one leftover chicken wing.
Yes! tsk tsk tsk…no wonder always buying Tupperware!
43. You don’t own any real Tupperware – only a cupboard full of used but carefully rinsed margarine tubs, takeout containers, and jam jars.
I’m the ultimate Tupperware fan!! I will only use the lauya container for garlic…hahaha
44. You also use the jam jars as drinking glasses.
Ayooo that reminds me of China…saw them using the Nescafe jars to store their Chinese tea! I don’t la..remember? me Tupperware fansi!
45. You have a collection of miniature shampoo bottles that you take ever time you stay in a hotel.
Yes! And I influenced Apah to do that too! For the maid to use ma…
46. You carry a stash of your own food whenever you travel (travel means any car ride longer than 15 minutes). These snacks are always dried and include dried plums, mango, ginger, and squid.
Not alot la…too troublesome..
47. You wash your rice at least 2-3 times before cooking it.
Of course la…
48. Your dad thinks he can fix everything himself.
Yup! But he actually could wor! He’s my hero!
49. The dashboard of your Honda is covered by hundreds of small toys.
Err…never owned a Honda…but I hate having anything hanging around cos as it is my car is so messy!
50. You don’t use measuring cups.
Have to la…if not the cake tak jadi one woi!
51. You beat eggs with chopsticks.
Fork most of the time
52. You have a teacup with a cover on it.
53. You always look for phone numbers up in the Phone book, since calling information (*69) costs 50 cents.
If I can save that why not?
54. You only make long distance calls after 11pm.
Hey there’s the internet, Skype, and other means of cheaper way of making long distance calls at a cheaper price one lei..
55. If you are male, you clap at something funny and if you are female, you giggle whilst placing a hand over your mouth.
Cover my mouth?? U must be kidding! I don’t slap anyone while laughing pun good ledi!
56. You like Chinese films in their original undubbed versions.
Of course! Same goes for my Korean dramas…even though I don’t understand the language but somehow I find I’m able to connect better if it’s in the original language
57. You love Chinese Martial Arts films.
58. You’ve learnt some form of martial arts.
Kungfu my way out of work, yes la…
59. Shaolin actually means something to you.
60. You like congee with thousand-year-old eggs.
61. You prefer your shrimp with the heads and legs still attached.
Not really lah. Lazy to peel. I remember our family dinners, mom never orders shrimp when dad is not around…. Heheeheh. Because he is the one that peels the shrimp for all of us!
62. You never call your parents just to say hi.
Yes…I’m that bad…
63. If you don’t live at home, when your parents call, they ask if you’ve eaten, even if it’s midnight.
My mom will NEVER ask about me…she only calls to COMMAND, INSTRUCT & SCOLD!
64. When you’re sick, your parents tell you not to eat fried foods or baked goods due to yeet hay.
My mom hardly bothers about me, if I was sick, she would ask me to eat the free Vit C/panadol/cough mixture she got from the hospital, in fact I hardly visited the clinic..
65. You know what yeet hay is.
Thanks to my grandma…yes
66. You e-mail your Chinese friends at work, even though you only 10 feet apart.
Only Urgent notes & really funny jokes I received…
67. You use a face cloth.
68. You starve yourself before going to all you can eat places.
Not starve la, just skip the previous meal lor..
69. You know someone who can get you a good deal on jewelry or electronics.
70. You save your old Coke bottle glasses even though you’re never going to use them again.
71. You own your own meat cleaver and sharpen it.
72. Your toothpaste tubes are all squeezed paper-thin.
I even cut it into half & make sure I used every bit of it! Mine quite ex leh…must la…
73. You know what moon cakes are.
Mooncakes fansi here…
74. When there is a sale on toilet paper, you buy 100 rolls and store them in your closet or in the bedroom of an adult child who has moved out.
Not 100 rolls la…will buy for office cos I hardly use them in my home..wash better leh..
75. Your parents know how to launch nasal projectiles.
My dad!!! Ewwwww…that’s the thing I don’t like about him!
76. You iron your own shirts clothes.
The more complicated and nicer ones I will do it myself…
77. You play a musical instrument.
Yes the piano
78. Even if you’re totally full, if someone says they’re going to throw away the leftovers on the table, you’ll finish them.
If it’s my favourite dish..I may..
79. You’ve eaten a red bean popsicle.
Of course…it’s yummy!
80. You bring oranges (or other produce) with you as a gift when you visit people’s homes.
Emmm…try to bring a gift la..
81. You fight over who pays the dinner bill.
A-A la…hahahaha… unless it’s for friends/relatives who come visit from another state/country
82. You majored in something practical like engineering, medicine or law.
Eh Accounting should be included la…my lecture hall was practically 90% Chinese leh
83. You live with your parents and you are 30 years old (and they prefer it that way). Or if you’re married and 30 years old, you live in the apartment next door to your parents, or at least in the same neighborhood.
Used to live quite near, but now very far leow…cannot afford to live near my mom’s place ma..
84. You don’t tip more than 10% at a restaurant, and if you do, you tip Chinese delivery guys/waiters more.
I never tip! Already charge service tax leow very siong ledi leh
85. You have acquired a taste for bitter melon.
Never liked anything bitter
86. You eat every last grain of rice in your bowl, but don’t eat the last piece of food on the table.
Yes cos got to leave some food for the maid wat!
87. You know why there are 88 reasons.
So typical Chinese lor…
88. You see the truth in this and then send it to all your Chinese friends.
That’s why I’m doing this tag till my finger hurts lor!